At Flomatic Valves, we are a group of dedicated people with meaningful working lives in an environment that supports personal development and dedication, both as a group and as individuals. One of the most important resources at Flomatic is our employees. Therefore, employee and management development is central in the our efforts to ensure its continued existence. Developing necessary competencies and focusing on the working environment leads to satisfied employees and the development of the company.
WHAT WE OFFER: After the 60-day introductory period, Flomatic offers a variety of fantastic employee opportunities and competitive benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and supplemental coverage such as short and long-term disability, and Aflac. Included in our employment benefits package is a 401K plan with a company match, company bonuses, generous PTO (paid time off) policies, and 12 paid Holidays per year. Flomatic prides itself in funding an HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) program, assisting employees with funds to aid in the cost of the high deductible plans offered.
Flomatic started manufacturing high-quality valves 90 years ago and we haven’t stopped since. Together, we are a value-driven, customer-centric, and environmentally conscious team. Our continued success in the water and wastewater industry reflects the shared knowledge, integrity, and operational excellence of our dedicated employees.
We are looking for a self-motivated Assistant Design Engineer with strong detail-oriented skills and SolidWorks CAD experience to join our internationally acclaimed team. The ideal candidate will work closely with our Engineering Manager in our Glens Falls office to assist in the development of product technical specifications, design implementation, and the production of our high performance valve products.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented engineering professional looking to learn and grow their cross-organizational skills within a professional setting. The Assistant Design Engineer will work closely with sales, manufacturing, and our marketing team to help design and deliver high-quality valves built to last…
- Create concept designs, assemblies, layouts, and drawings of various products.
- Perform form, fit and function studies to ensure designs meet all established requirements.
- Support drawing and part release processes.
- Establish and follow technical project plans.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Prepare technical reports, production engineering documentation, and test data (as required).
- Manage and maintain version control over technical design documents & replicate design changes in technical publications.
- Conduct verification and validation testing of various products (as required).
- Develop reports on a monthly basis for the Engineering Manager.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience with SolidWorks (creating design concepts, assemblies, and layouts).
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering fundamentals and machining processes (in a metals manufacturing environment)
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- 1 to 4 years of experience with valve products and related design requirements preferred
- SolidWorks Flow Simulation, Simulation, Visualize, or Composer experience a plus
- 3D Animation experience a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 preferred.
- Possesses strong communication skills and a strong work ethic (including accountability, integrity, enthusiasm, and motivation).
Why Join Our Flomatic family?
High quality valves are made from high quality people and the most significant investment we make is in our employees. Therefore, we offer a full benefits package after 60 day introductory period:
Generous PTO (including 12 paid holidays)
We started manufacturing high-quality valves nearly 90 years ago and we haven’t stopped since.
Together, we are a value-driven, customer-centric, environmentally conscious team. Our continued success in the water and wastewater industries, reflects the shared knowledge, integrity, and operational excellence of our dedicated employees. High-quality valves are made from high-quality people and the most significant investment we make is in our employees.
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant with outstanding critical thinking skills to maintain inventory level support and manage internal and external relationships with vendors. The Purchasing Assistant will work closely with our Purchasing Manager to provide internal customer service, departmental support, report preparation, track supplier performance, maintain PO’s, and manage vendor relationships ethically and professionally.
This is an exciting opportunity for a business minded candidate looking to learn and grow within our organization while enhancing their cross-organizational analytical skillset in a professional setting.
- Providing material and inventory planning support while maintaining our MRP and MPS systems.
- Establishing strong vendor relationships internally and externally.
- Preparing and maintaining purchase orders, quotes, and vendor records.
- Reviewing pricing availability from vendors and logging purchase order acknowledgments.
- Preparing requests for Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and drawing changes to vendors.
- Maintaining and filing purchase orders, acknowledgements, and order receipts.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience using Microsoft software. Including but not limited to: Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.
- Satisfaction working with numbers and the ability to think analytically.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment or equivalent desired.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401K plan, company bonus, PTO time and 12 paid holidays after a 60 day introductory period. Please submit cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements with your application to [email protected]
**Covid-19 Vaccination is required. Accommodations will be made as required by law.